Skip Navigation Links

Historic Structures

The Coast Guard Academy was established on the banks of the Thames River in New London, Connecticut in 1932. At over 100 acres of land, the campus is home to a variety of historic buildings and landmarks, many of which reflect traditional New England architecture.

The Academy campus is viewed as one of the many historic landmarks in the New London area. While not all buildings are open to the public, the USCGA Admissions office offers cadet-led tours of the grounds regularly and welcome visitors to the onsite Coast Guard Museum to further understand the history behind our campus and our service.