If you are considering applying to a military service academy, interested in serving your country and identify with the guardian ethos of the Coast Guard, then you should apply for AIM.
AIM is exclusively for students about to begin their senior year of high school. To apply, you should be:
- A U.S. citizen (dual citizenship is fine)
- Between 16 and 18 years of age
- Unmarried, not pregnant, and have no legal obligations to support anyone including a child
- Physically fit, in good health, with weight proportional to height
- Of good moral character
- Academically successful with demonstrated leadership skill and achievement outside the classroom
- Covered by health insurance during your AIM session
Contact the Admissions Office if you have any of these medical conditions, which might be disqualifying for AIM:
- Recent surgery and/or mobility problems
- Color blindness
- Current use of an inhaler
- Food or insect allergies
- Vision not correctable to 20/20
- Taking AD/HD medication or medication prescribed for mental health
Application is free and online. Please have the following items handy when you start your application:
- Your Bears Den login credentials (if you don’t have them, you will prompted to create login credentials)
- The name, address, and email address of a guidance counselor who will be asked to submit a recommendation
- Scanned copy of your recent official high school transcript
- Standardized test scores (optional)
If you are using a Macintosh with Safari browser and encounter difficulties, shift to Firefox. For technical assistance, please call 860-444-8503.
Because space is limited, some applicants are not selected to participate in AIM.
Those not selected for AIM are encouraged to accept the Academy’s invitation for priority registration to the fall season "Cadet for a Day" overnight program.
"AIM was truly an awesome experience. It totally blew the Naval and Air Force Academies' summer programs right out of the water." Darrell, New York