Clinic treatment hours are:
0700-0730 Sick Call (AD ONLY)
1300-1515 Appointments (EXCEPT WEDNESDAYS-TRAINING)
About the Clinic
The U.S. Coast Guard Academy and its predecessor, the U.S. Revenue Cutter Service Training School, have been provided with medical support by the U.S. Public Health Service since the turn of the century. The Coast Guard Academy Clinic is staffed by 11 Public Health Service officers, and 35 Health Service Technicians and civilian support personnel.
The Academy's Medical Clinic is located in Michel Hall, which is named for RADM Carl Michel, USPHS, the Coast Guard Chief of Health Services during World War II. The clinic is a medium-sized ambulatory care clinic providing medical services delivered by:
- family physicians
- a physical therapy department
- a dental clinic
- an optometry services department
- a psychiatrist
There is a 10-bed infirmary for cadets and active duty personnel with mild to moderate illnesses requiring overnight observation and/or treatment only. The ambulatory clinic provides service to about 35,000 patients annually. Our pharmacy fills more than 30,000 prescriptions each year. To contact the clinic sevices please call 860-444-8402.
- Military sick call is conducted from 0700 to 0730 (7:00 to 7:30 a.m.) Monday through Friday. Non-active duty patients and beneficiaries are not generally seen in the clinic at this time.
Wednesday afternoons (1300 though 1530) are reserved for staff training.
- All members are encouraged to use appointment slots for non-urgent health care requirements.
- Active duty personnel or cadets who require evaluation and treatment outside of sick call hours for acute illness or injury should come to the clinic at any time or call for a same-day appointment.
- Non-acute cases may be deferred to the next sick call or next available appointment.
- Military sick call is carried out in the outpatient clinic area on the first floor of Michel Hall.
Dental services are available for active duty and cadets on a scheduled basis.
- Active duty exams and sick call are conducted on a walk-in basis at 7 a.m., Monday through Friday.
- Cadet exams are scheduled by class annually.
- Emergency treatment for active duty and cadets is available at all times.
The Laboratory is an accredited laboratory staffed by a trained laboratory technician and complies with the Clinic Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA). A wide range of laboratory tests are available, with tests performed on site or by our reference laboratory system.
The laboratory is located on the first floor and operates from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. and from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. daily (with the exception of Wednesday afternoon).
Requests for laboratory services from civilian providers must be authorized by your primary care manager (PCM) at the Coast Guard Clinic. A request slip and phone number/address for results notification is necessary. The laboratory technicians report results to the PMC and not directly to patients. Laboratory technicians will not interpret test results.
Visit the USCGA Medical Clinic Website.