Glenn E. Fedzer
Foreign Service Faculty Advisor
U.S. Coast Guard Academy
Glenn E. Fedzer works for the U.S. Department of State as a Foreign Service Officer, specializing in political affairs, and has been detailed to the USCGA for the academic year. He completed tours with the U.S. Embassies to Madagascar, Sierra Leone, Mali, Gabon, New Zealand, and Nicaragua, and monitored elections in Sao Tome, the Solomon Islands, and the Comoros. Prior to joining the Department of State, Professor Fedzer worked as a production supervisor for a manufacturing plant in Holland, Michigan, and also served with Armored Cavalry and Transportation units in the U.S. Army and U.S. Army Reserve, including tours in South Korea and Saudi Arabia.
- M.A., Webster University, International Relations
- B.A., Bucknell University, History and Political Science
- U.S. History
- African Politics
- Selected Topics in Public Policy
- U.S. Foreign Policy
- Coast Guard History
- State Department: honors include six Meritorious Honor Awards
- Military awards include the Bronze Star Medal, Meritorious Service Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Army Achievement Medal (3rd award), National Defense Service Medal, Southwest Asia Service medal with three service stars, Korea Defense Service Medal, Humanitarian Service Medal, Armed Forces Reserve Medal, Kuwait Liberation Medal (Saudi Arabia), Kuwait Liberation Medal (Kuwait), Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), and the Parachutist Badge.
- American Foreign Service Association (AFSA)