Nomination Form for Wall of Gallantry Induction
- Nominee must meet the commissioning source eligibility requirement. For the Academy Wall of Gallantry, member must be a graduate of the U.S. Coast Guard Academy. For the Officer Candidate School (OCS) Wall of Gallantry, member must be a commissioned officer graduate of the OCS, the Direct Commission Officer (DCO) program or the Reserve Officer Candidate Indoctrination (ROCI) program
- Nominee must distinguish themselves in service and be awarded one of the following: Medal of Honor, Gold Lifesaving Medal, Coast Guard Cross, Bronze Star (with combat “V”), Navy Cross, Coast Guard Commendation Medal (with combat “V”), Gold Medal of Congress, Silver Star, Coast Guard Achievement Medal (with combat “V”), Legion of Merit (with combat “V”), Distinguished Flying Cross, Silver Lifesaving Medal, Coast Guard Medal, NASA Space Flight Medal, Navy and Marine Corps Medal
- Graduates who do not meet the above criteria may still be eligible; such nominations must contain a summary of action describing the significance and impact of the individual’s actions.
- All nominees for selection to the next Academy Wall of Gallantry group must be submitted by December 31st of the previous year.
- Citation of distinguishing award is either the exact citation or comprehensive summary of the award that incurs the nominee’s eligibility to be placed on the Wall of Gallantry. Note: except in rare circumstances, a copy of the citation is required for consideration.
* Required Fields
For more information, contact LT Jesse Diaz at (860) 444-8443.