Richard W. Freeman, Ph.D., P.E.
Instructor , Electrical Engineering
U.S. Coast Guard Academy
Professor Freeman graduated from Iowa State University in 1988. He worked for AT&T for eight years in various roles including Data Networking Account Executive, Data Networking Sales Manager and Field Market Manager. While working at AT&T, Professor Freeman earned his MBA from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. Professor Freeman returned to Iowa State University to teach and pursue a Ph.D. in Computer Engineering specializing in Information Assurance and Program Assessment. Professor Freeman reported to the Academy in 2008.
- Ph.D., Computer Engineering , Iowa State University, 2004
- M.B.A., Marketing, Southern Methodist University, 1993
- B.S., Computer Engineering, Iowa State University, 1988
- Introduction to Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Digital Circuits and Computer Systems
- Electrical Circuits and Machines
- "Sounding the depths- Assessing Cadet Knowledge of Engineering Ethics", International Association of Journals and Conferences/ASEE Northeast Regional Conference 2011, forthcoming
- "Transferring Oral Examinations", International Association of Journals and Conferences/ASEE Northeast Region Conference 2011, forthcoming
- “Service Learning Workshops to Recruit into Engineering”, ASEE Northeast Regional Conference 2009, Bridgeport, CT, April 2009
- “A Qualitative And Quantitative Evaluation Tool For An Electrical Engineering Learning Community”, Proceedings of 2006 ASEE Conference, Chicago, Il, June 2006
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)