LCDR Corinna Fleischmann, P.E.
Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering
U.S. Coast Guard Academy
Upon her graduation from USCGA in May 1998, LCDR Fleischmann was assigned to the U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Elm where she served two tours: as a Deck Watch Officer and Assistant Navigator from May 1998 to March 2000 and as the Operations Officer from March 2000 to June 2001.
From 2001 to 2003, LCDR Fleischmann was a member of the Facilities Engineering Branch at the USCGA. During this tour, she served as both the Safety Officer and the Construction Officer. In this latter capacity, she was the Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative (COTR) as well as Civil Engineering Project Manager for the Academy’s $5.2 million dollar construction program including all aspects of the construction process: cost estimation, general scopes of work, management of change orders and contractor evaluations.
In December 2004, LCDR Fleischmann joined the USCGA faculty as an Instructor. During her time at the Academy, she has been an assistant coach on the men’s and women’s swim teams. In August 2009, LCDR Fleischmann became a member of the PCTS and currently is working towards her Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering at University of Connecticut.
- M.S.C.E., University of Texas, Austin, December 2004
- B.S.C.E., U.S. Coast Guard Academy, May 1998
- Environmental Engineering I, Lecture and Lab
- Civil Engineering Design, Lecture and Project Advisor
- Construction Project Management, Lecture
- Civil Engineering Materials, Lecture and Lab
- Engineering Material Science, Lecture and Lab
- Strength of Materials, Lecture and Lab
- Statics and Engineering Design, Lecture
- “Sustainability: A campus initiative”, International Journal of Engineering Education, To be published in 2009, by Corinna Fleischmann, Sarah Thompson, Luke Zitzman, Nicole Gurr and Louis Garcia.
- "Teaching Engineering Ethics in a Multi-Disciplinary Environment", Proceedings of the 115th Annual American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) Conference and Exposition, June 22-25, 2008 by Corinna Fleischmann, Daniel Pickles, Todd Taylor and David Godfrey.
- "Cross-Disciplinary Writing: Collaboration Among Technical Disciplines and A Writing Center," Proceedings from the Ninth Biennial 2008 International Writing Across the Curriculum Conference, May 2008 by K.S. Jernquist, T.E. Taylor, D.J. Godfrey, L.A. Drake, S.D. Ostrowski, C.M. Fleischmann.
- “Evolution of a Senior Capstone Course through the Assessment Process” Presented at the April 2008 American Society of Engineering Educators North East Regional conference, C. Fleischmann, S. Zelmanowitz, N. Podoll.
- Professional Engineer in Florida since 2007
- Certified Sustainable Building Advisor (CSBA) through the National Sustainable Building Advisor Program since 2009
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Society of American Military Engineers
- Water Environment Federation Member