U.S. Coast Guard Academy
A native of Thompson, Connecticut, Lieutenant Commander Michael Glinski received his officer commission and Bachelor of Science in Management from the United States Coast Guard Academy in 2004. After graduating the Academy, ENS Glinski was stationed at Group South Portland, Maine as the Communications Officer. He took part in the stand up of Sector Northern New England and subsequently assumed the duties of Intelligence Officer and Incident Management Division Duty Officer.
Leaving Maine in 2007, LTJG Glinski transferred to Juneau, Alaska as a District 17 Command Duty Officer. While in Alaska, he was selected to lead a village and community outreach and liaison program as the Coast Guard was expanding its footprint in the Arctic region.
After leaving Alaska in 2010, LT Glinski served as the Enforcement Division Chief at Sector Long Island Sound where he managed the ports, waterways, and coastal security (PWCS) and law enforcement missions. In June of 2012, LT Glinski was awarded the Quentin R. Walsh Leadership Award for outstanding performance, bold initiative, and inspiring leadership within the Coast Guard Sector Long Island Sound command.
LCDR Glinski continued his education at Boston College, earning an MBA and a Master of Science in Accounting in 2015. He currently teaches Organizational Behavior and Leadership in the Management Department at the Coast Guard Academy.
- M.B.A., Boston College Carroll School of Management, 2015
- M.S., Accounting, Boston College Carroll School of Management, 2015
- B.S., Management, United States Coast Guard Academy, 2004
- Organizational Behavior and Leadership
- Coast Guard Commendation Medal (2)
- Coast Guard Achievement Medal (2)
- Quentin R. Walsh Leadership Award, Sector Long Island Sound