U.S. Coast Guard Academy
LT Tyler Kelley graduated from the U.S. Coast Guard Academy (USCGA) in 2008 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Management. His first tour upon graduation was on USCGC Spencer a medium endurance cutter home-ported in Boston, Massachusetts. While on Spencer, he served as the Assistant Navigator, First Lieutenant and a Boarding Officer. In 2010, LT Kelley departed Spencer to take command of USCGC Chinook, a coastal patrol boat home-ported in New London, Connecticut. In 2012, LT Kelley departed Chinook to attend the Boston College Carroll School of Management where he earned a Master of Business Administration degree in Leadership and Management. LT Kelley joined the Management Department at the USCGA in June of 2014, and serves as an assistant coach of the Academy’s ice hockey team.
- M.B.A., Leadership and Management, Boston College, 2014
- B.S., Management, United States Coast Guard Academy, 2008
- Organizational Behavior and Leadership
- Public Management Consulting
- Model for Leadership Development in both Academic and Non-Academic Settings. A. Zapalska, N. Zieser and T. Kelley. Leadership and Organizational Management Journal, June (2015). (L)
- USS Porter: A Case Study in Organizational Behavior. T. Kelley and I. Martin. The 2015 Eastern Academy of Management Philadelphia Pennsylvania May 6-9.
- Redesigning the Student Learning Approach Through Personality Types and Pedagogies in an Undergraduate Engineering Course. C. Fleischman, T. Kelley and B. Nakagawa. The 2015 ASEE Northeast Section Conference, Boston Massachusetts April 30- May 2, 2015.
- Coast Guard Commendation Medal
- Coast Guard Achievement Medal