Department of Management
U.S. Coast Guard Academy
A Connecticut native, Matthew’s undergraduate and graduate education has been through the University of Connecticut, concentrating in economics. His research agenda focuses on expanding classical transaction cost economic (TCE) theory, and finding novel applications of TCE to organizational boundaries beyond the firm.
- Ph.D., Economics, Univ. of Connecticut (Exp. May 2016)
- M.A., Economics, Univ. of Connecticut (2013)
- B.S., Economics, Business Administration, Univ. of Connecticut (2008)
- Dynamic Firm Boundaries. Submitted to Organizational Science. Jan, 2016.
- Organizational Platform Strategies. University of Connecticut Working Paper. Nov, 2015.
- State Boundaries over Time. (with M. Cosgel, T. Miceli, and S. Yildrim). Revise and Resubmit at Journal of Contemporary Economics. Nov, 2015.
- City Robustness. (with R. Barnes, K. Neves, P. Mealy, B. Schneeman, W. Chang, and A. Tejedor). Santa Fe Institute Working Paper. Sep, 2015.
- Dynamic Kidney Exchange. (with J. Young, D. Hedblom, A. Veski, and C. Harvey). Santa Fe Institute Working Paper. Sep, 2015.
- Online Discussions and Learning Outcomes. (with O. Harmon and W. Alpert). International Advances in Economic Research. Feb, 2014.