U.S. Coast Guard Academy
LT Beth Nakagawa is a native of Highland Mills, New York. She is a 2003 graduate of Monroe-Woodbury High School and a 2007 graduate of the U.S. Coast Guard Academy, where she earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering. LT Nakagawa is a 2013 graduate of the University of Illinois where she earned a Master of Science Degree in Civil Engineering and a Master of Business Administration.
Upon graduating from the U.S. Coast Guard Academy, LT Nakagawa was assigned to the USCGC Rush (WHEC-723) based out of Honolulu, Hawaii. There she served as a Student Engineer and Damage Control Assistant. In June 2009, LT Nakagawa was transferred to USCG Civil Engineering Unit (CEU) Oakland in California where she was assigned as a construction project manager.
In August 2011, LT Nakagawa transferred to the University of Illinois where she earned dual degrees in Civil Engineering and Business Administration. Upon graduation in July 2013, LT Nakagawa reported as a faculty member in the Civil Engineering Section at the Coast Guard Academy.
- M.S., Civil Engineering, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, 2013
- M.B.A., University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, 2013
- B.S., Civil Engineering, U.S. Coast Guard Academy, 2007
- Statics and Engineering Design, Lecture
- Civil Engineering Materials, Lecture and Lab
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Society of American Military Engineers (SAME)