Civil Engineering, Instructor
Department of Engineering
U.S. Coast Guard Academy
LCDR Brian Bachtel graduated from the U.S. Coast Guard Academy in 2003 with a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering. Upon graduation, LCDR Bachtel served as Damage Control Assistant on USCGC Alert (WMEC 630) out of Astoria, Oregon.
In 2005, LCDR Bachtel was assigned as a project manager for the Rescue 21 Project at Coast Guard Headquarters in Washington, D.C. While at this assignment, LCDR Bachtel attended night classes and earned a Master of Engineering in Project Management from the University of Maryland.
In 2008, LCDR Bachtel was selected for post-graduate study and attended the University of New Mexico where he earned a Master of Science in Civil Engineering.
Following graduate school in 2010, LCDR Bachtel was assigned to Civil Engineering Unit Cleveland where he worked as a designer and project manager for construction projects to Coast Guard Shore Facilities located in the Great Lakes and Mid-Atlantic areas.
LCDR Bachtel reported to the Coast Guard Academy in July 2013.
- M.S., Civil Engineering, University of New Mexico, 2009
- M.E., Project Management, University of Maryland, 2007
- B.S., Civil Engineering, U.S. Coast Guard Academy, 2003
- Mechanics of Materials, Lecture and Lab
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Society of American Military Engineers