U.S. Coast Guard Academy
LT Colleen Symansky is a native of Fort Salonga, New York. She is a 2001 graduate of Kings Park High School and a 2005 graduate of the U.S. Coast Guard Academy, where she earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering. LT Symansky is a 2012 graduate of the University of Illinois where she earned a Master of Science Degree in Civil Engineering and a Master of Business Administration.
After graduating from the U.S. Coast Guard Academy, LT Symansky was assigned to the USCGC Reliance (WMEC-615) homeported in Portsmouth, New Hampshire and served as a Deck Watch Officer and First Lieutenant. In July 2007 she transferred to USCG Civil Engineering Unit (CEU) Cleveland in Ohio where she acted as a Construction Project Manager, Design Team Member and Tower Climbing Trainer.
In August 2010 LT Symansky transferred to the University of Illinois where she earned dual degrees in Civil Engineering and Business Administration. While at Illinois she also coached the Fighting Illini’s Women’s Lacrosse team. Upon graduation in July 2012, LT Symansky reported as a faculty member in the Civil Engineering Section at the Coast Guard Academy.
- M.S., University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2012
- M.B.A., University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2012
- B.S., U.S. Coast Guard Academy, 2001
- Statics and Engineering Design, Lecture
- Mechanics of Materials, Lecture and Lab
- Soil Mechanics, Lab
- Civil Engineering Design, Project Advisor
- Fundamentals of Engineering Review, Lecture
- Project Management Professional, Project Management Institute since 2009
- DHS Certified Acquisition Professional- Program Manager Level II since May 2010
- Professional Engineer in Connecticut since 2013
- Society of American Military Engineers (SAME)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)