Parking, Directions, Etc.
No special parking pass will be required if you plan to drive a personal automobile on
base to participate in events being held on either Sunday, June 30th, or R-Day, July 1st.
- Please have all adult passenger photo identification available upon approaching the security gate. Any vehicle, and its occupants, entering the United States Coast Guard Academy are subject to random security searches by uniformed security officers.
- There will be signage and uniformed personnel directing visitors to several reserved parking areas around base. If these reserved parking areas are full, there are several unreserved parking areas available, but they are farther away from R-Day activities.
- We suggest parking your vehicle in one of the reserved parking areas upon arrival and walking around campus for the remainder of the day. Transportation shuttles will be provided on base, with priority seating for elderly and handicapped visitors, for anyone wishing to avoid the hills and long distance walks. Several lunch options are also available on base, so there is no need to leave campus until the end of R-Day.
- Please drive safely! Connecticut state law prohibits the use of cellular phones while driving and seatbelt use is mandatory. Obey posted speed limits and yield to all pedestrians, especially Swabs marching, in crosswalks or walking on the road. The maximum speed limit on base is 15 miles per hour.
- Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
- A shuttle service will provide transportation to key R-Day events to those with limited mobility. We also encourage those interested to view our accessibility information.