The Coast Guard Academy is ranked among the nation’s elite undergraduate colleges. This is reflected in our highly selective admission process, which annually identifies the best 300 candidates from a nationwide pool of approximately 5,000 applicants.What distinguishes those who are accepted?
- Proven academic accomplishment, particularly in math and the sciences
- Propensity for and interest in leading others
- An unwavering desire to serve country and humanity
- Physical fitness and athletic skill
- Well-rounded interests and experiences
Translated from Latin, the Academy motto Scientiæ Cedit Mare means "the sea yields to knowledge." These words are an acknowledgement that Coast Guard officers must earn the privilege to lead. If you believe you possess the qualities of mind, body, and character to earn that privilege, we invite you to apply for admission to the U.S. Coast Guard Academy.