The Center for Advanced Studies sponsors a lunchtime seminar series to foster interdepartmental communication and awareness of scholarly activities on campus.
2013-2014 Seminar Schedule:
Past Seminars (Select to expand the list)
- March 2013: Dr. Tiffany Smythe – “You Can’t Stop the Water: Effects of Hurricane Sandy on the Port of NY and NJ”
- February 2013: Dr. Sam Wainright – “Using Naturally Occurring Stable Isotopes in Ecological Research”
- January 2013: Dr. Jillian McLeod – “Complete Chaos is Impossible”
- November 2012: CDR Toni Gay – “The Use of Structural Analytic Techniques for Critical Thinking”
- October 2012: LCDR Andrea Parker – “Tragedy on the CGC Healy: A Case Study That Uses the Followership Model to Study the Loss”
- September 2012: Dr. Joshua Gray – “Cellular Metabolism and (Dys)function of the Pancreatic Beta Cells: Implications for Type II Diabetes”
- April 2012: Dr Melissa Matthes – "Power of the Pulpit : The Roles of Sermons in American Political Crises From Pearl Harbor Through 9/11"
- March 2012: Dr Richard Hartnett – "Research in Electronic Navigation Systems"
If interested in presenting, please contact Dr. Susan Swithenbank.