Strategic Intelligence Internships
A five week intelligence internship is offered for cadets the summer before their 1/c year to provide opportunities to experience first-hand strategic and tactical intelligence operations in support of Coast Guard operational commanders, and intelligence and law enforcement partner agencies. Students will have an opportunity to stand and qualify as an intelligence watch officer, work with intelligence analysts on strategic and tactical assessments, and brief senior level decision makers on daily intelligence operations and products.
- Coast Guard Intelligence Coordination Center, Washington, D.C.
- Coast Guard Maritime Intelligence Fusion Center Atlantic, Dam Neck, Virginia
- Coast Guard Maritime Intelligence Fusion Center Pacific, Alameda, California
- National Security Agency/Coast Guard Cryptologic Group, Fort Meade, Maryland (Coming Summer 2013)
- Defense Intelligence Agency, Washington, D.C.
- Federal Bureau of Investigations, Quantico, Virginia
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be eligible for a Top Secret (TS) clearance with Secret Compartmented Intelligence (SCI)
- Currently a second class cadet
- 3.0 CGPA
- Top 40% MPL
- Passing grade on Rules of the Road
- Sufficient prior time afloat as required by Cadet Training
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills