U.S. Coast Guard Academy
After graduating from the Coast Guard Academy in 2006, LCDR Tschudy reported to Coast Guard Sector San Francisco where he served in the Enforcement Division with responsibility for the Ports, Waterways and Coastal Security mission and the Sector Coast Guard Auxiliary Program. In the wake of the Cosco Busan oil spill, he was selected as a permanent Command Duty Officer in the Sector Command Center where he directed Search and Rescue, Law Enforcement, Homeland Security, Marine Environmental Protection, and Marine Safety missions. While at Sector San Francisco, LCDR Tschudy was selected for the Coast Guard Academy Instructor program. From 2009 to 2011, he attended Yale University, where he received a Master of Arts in American History.
Beginning in fall 2011, LCDR Tschudy served as an instructor of history and government in the Department of Humanities at the United States Coast Guard Academy. In the summer of 2015, LCDR Tschudy transferred to Coast Guard Sector Long Island Sound, in New Haven, Connecticut, where he served as the Command Center Chief for one year before returning to the Academy as a member of the Permanent Commissioned Teaching Staff.
A native of New Philadelphia, Ohio, LCDR Tschudy lives in Guilford, Connecticut with his two daughters.
- M.A., History, Yale University, 2011
- B.S., Government, United States Coast Guard Academy, 2006
- Leaders in U.S. History
- History of the United States Coast Guard
- American Government
- Principles of American Government
- Coast Guard Achievement Medal, 2016
- Coast Guard Meritorious Service Medal, 2015
- San Francisco Bay Area Federal Employee of the Year – Uniformed Military Category, 2009
- Coast Guard Commendation Medal, 2009
- National Society of Founders & Patriots Award for American History Studies, 2006
- Pi Sigma Alpha – National Political Science Honors Society